Subscribe groups for new blog posts in a space

Nathalie van der Linden July 13, 2021

Hi,

As a an Admin, I want to subscribe groups to email notifications of new blogs in a space.

If that is not possible, I would want to see a list of all of the users who have subscribed to receive notifications of new blogs within a space.

We've been looking into this for a long time but we cannot find the right solution. Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

We already looked into the plugin 'better blogs for Confluence' but they are not available for Confluence Cloud.

Thanks so much!

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hello Nathalie!

Currently, it is not possible to subscribe groups to watch a space or pages/blogs to receive notifications when those are created or updated.

We have this feature request suggesting it to implemented:
Ability to notify a group when a page blog or space is changed (group watches)

In case you would like to check all the users who have subscribed to see all updates on your space and pages, if you are a Space Admin, you can do the following:

1. Go to the page or blog post.
  2. Select the eye icon and click on Manage Watchers 
  3. On the left, choose page or space to see the list of watchers there

For more information on how to manage watchers of pages, spaces, and blog posts, you can also check out our documentation. ;)

A workaround for this need would be to create a distribution list on your email server and then create a user with this email. After that, you can add the user you just created with the mail list as a watcher on the page. 

I hope this information helps in terms of clarification, Nathalie! 

Cheers,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events