Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage of tiny links on database

Jens Kasperek (Bosch GmbH) May 26, 2015

Hey! I would like to know, where I can find the tiny links related to each page on database?

This would be helpful for doing a manual change or exporting a space and import it to another instance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2015

Ah, they're not stored in the database, they're generated when you view the page properties.  

I'm not entirely sure how they are generated, but I suspect it's just <confluence base url>/x/<something based on page's database id>, so if you import it into another instance, the shortcode at the end is going to change.

Jens Kasperek May 26, 2015

Hey! Thanks for your response! I think the shortcuts after the /x/ must be stored somewhere since you can copy the link and spread it to your users and all users will get to the same page when opening the link. Yet, I do not know where this information is stored. To avoid broken links after importing a space from another instance, I wondered if I can 'save' the tiny links and paste them to the new instance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2015

I think you've misunderstood my answer. The short code is generated when it is needed. NOT stored in the database. It is based on something that does not change (I'm pretty sure it's the page id), so it doesn't appear to change, but it's not stored and I suspect it changes when you import pages in another instance.

Jens Kasperek (Bosch GmbH) May 26, 2015

Okay, I thought that it has to be stored on any table, since it does not change once it is created. So, there is no way to take a backup of them and restore it :( This is very bad, since plenty of links will get broken!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events