Stop Space Notifications

richardofrugeley April 18, 2016

I have an Outlook rule that moves confluence-related emails out of my Inbox, and marks them as read. No problem there.

The downside of this is that I rarely look at the folder contents. Today I ventured in and found about 1000 Atlassian Answers notifications, which I have dealt with. No problem there either.

Confluence is located on an internal company server and I've managed to reduce the onslaught of notifications to one every 24 hours. Since early April 2016, I've started to receive notifications from one particular space (let's call it Space X !). I'm not Watching the space nor any page on it. I did not create the space (but I know who did). How can I stop these notifications?

2 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

I can't answer about your Notifications vs Watch settings

Automatically moving certain emails to a folder is very handy.

But of course if you don't look, that is worse sad

So in Outlook, go down to the "Search Folders"
Right click the Unread folder, then "show in Favourites"

Now go to your Outlook File>Options,
select Advanced
Now set the start folder to be the Unread items

Now you can scroll them very quickly each day - once they have been read, you don't have to worry as they are already "filed"

Last thing to do is if you are using the Reading Pane, go to Outlook File>Options>Mail
select Reading pane
Set the time for how quickly before it auto marks as "read" - I find 2 seconds is fine for this miscellaneous emails as i scroll though

0 votes
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

Hi,

Try these steps:

1. Navigate to "Manage Add-on" menu
  2. Choose "System Plugins" from the drop down list
  3. Find and click "Confluence Content Notification" plugin
  4. Click the "<Number> of <Number> Modules enabled" button
  5. From there, find and disable the following modules
    • page-created-notification
    • page-edited-notification
    • page-trashed-notification
    • page-moved-notification
richardofrugeley April 18, 2016

Thanks Aleks. Do I need Admin privilege to do this?

Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

Hi Richard,

Yes, you do.

Regards,

Kay

Like Ricky LaFleur likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events