Sticky header row

Hi,

When scrolling a page with a large table the header row sticks on top of the page. But this does not work when there are 2 header rows.

Is this correct? It only works for tables with one header row?

Regards,

Patrick

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

From which version of Confluence the sticky table headers 'might' work? We're on 5.10.8 and i can't get them to work. Created a new table manually (after hearing pasting from Excel might be a cause for sticky headers not to work), but no joy.

Hi Patrick.

This Atlassian page should answer your question. There are some constraints to sticky headers as follows:

Table headers aren't sticky when your table:

• Is inside a page layout, or inside another table.
  • Has no header row or there are cells in the top row that aren't marked as headers.
  • Has a header column, instead of a header row, and scrolls horizontally.
  • Contains another table, that has its own header row. 

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the answer. None of the 4 conditions is true, so it should be added that

• when cells in the table header row are merged, the header is not sticky;
  • when the table contains more than one header row at the top, the header is not sticky

Regards,

Patrick

{quote}

Table headers aren't sticky when your table:

• Is inside a page layout, {quote}

Can I make a page without page layout? When I create a page, at a minimum a section is include which I cannot remove.

Same here. None of the four conditions are true and table headers are not scrollable.

Can you give any guidance on how to fix this issue?

i am having the same problem, did you ever get an answer?

Same problem as everyone else and the same question about making a page without a page layout.

An update or more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Same here. Confluence 6.7.2. It is just not working. And we are not using Documentation Theme for our space. I even doubt what "Sticky header" really means. Does it mean you can sort the header cells only? That's the only difference I saw after adding the header row. 

Hi Patrick,

You can use Table Filter macro to freeze several top rows or columns without any limitations.

Not working. Edit the page in Edge, not working, but ok in IE 11. 

Please, try to update Table Filter and Charts app to the latest version 4.1.3. Similar issue was fixed in this version.

The other condition is doesn't work in is if the table is inside a macro. I've just realised that because I had a table of contents on my page, and a table of contents is a macro, that is why my headings weren't sticky.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

381 views 3 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you