Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific slides from Google Slides

Sumesh Kumar July 10, 2017

Hi, I was able to bring in a Google Slides document into a confluence Page using the Widget connector macro. My question is how do I tell it to be always on Slide No "x"? I have too many sliede in the google Slides doc from which I only want to show one on Confluence. 

Hope there is a way to do this. 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Christoph Promberger December 19, 2019

Hi Sumesh and co,

I might have at least a workaround for your problem:

In Google slides you have the option to copy slides to another deck and link them. That means that every change done in the original deck will also be shown in the new deck. (Caveat: I am not sure if the changes can  be synced automatically or if that has to be done manually; if manually, there is surely a Google script macro to do the job).

By that you would be able to create one slide deck for each department by copying  & linking the relevant slides from the 'master deck'.

Hope that helps

Michael orchard February 17, 2020

Unfortunately you have to manually update the singular slide that you are referencing from confluence so not really a usable solution. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

Hello Sumesh,

Since Confluence doesn't modify the way that the Google Slides are displayed, my recommendation would be to make a copy of the document, and ensure that you only include the slides you want to be displayed in your Confluence page. This way, the slide you want users to see first will be displayed first, provided you ensure it's the first one listed in the document.

Let us know if you have any questions about this!

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Sumesh Kumar July 12, 2017

Hi Shannon, 

Thanks for the suggestion. I had this idea at the back of my head but dont think this will help us too much. The google dooc I am trying to bring in is a bible containing workflow diagrams for multiple departments on each slide. The idea was to have individual confluence page for each department and display only the particular departments workflow diagram on that page using the widget connector. 

Ex. if Slide 3 was for Department x, on Department x's confluence page, I would use the Widget connector to display and Lock Slide 3 from the Bible Doc in Google. 

Breaking up the Google doc is not really an option for us or having copies of it. 

I suggest a feature on the Widget connector in Confluence in-order to bring in and lock a particular slide from the Google Docs so the updates made on the google doc can be seen in Confluence immediately. 

For now I will investigate other routes to approach this. perhaps there are ways to reference Slides Docs and bring the referenced doc into Widget connector in confluence(Hopefully). 

Please do let me know if you or the team at Atlassian can think of other ways to aproach this. 

Thanks 

Like # people like this
Antonio Tegtmeier October 22, 2019

Hi Sumesh, I had the same question, did you finally achieve your goal? I will be very gratefull if you can share with us.

Regards!

ribailey November 21, 2019

Having the same issue.  I would like to have a checkbox in the options prevent input from the wiki so that the slide view does not scroll to a different slide.  

I only want the single slide to be shown.   no scrolling or paging to other slides. 

Like Louis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events