Spaces not visible to specific group

Holly McGlothlin July 18, 2017

Since the update, one of my users only shows 1 space in Confluence.  I have double checked that both the user and the group have view permission for spaces in global permissions as well as a specific space.

I am supposed to be an Admin, however, I cannot see a Content Index on the Admin site.

Any help would be appreciated. This user needs to get to this space for QA testing.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Judging from your email domain, and the fact that you cannot see the content index page, you seem to be one of our Cloud customers. If the spaces disappeared after an update that Atlassian did to your instance, please open a support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com.

I sincerely regret the inconvenience.

Thank you for tha quick response.

What is odd is that when I am logged in, I can see Spaces in Confluence.

It is a user/user-group that cannot.

Should I still open a ticket?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

If nothing was changed in the permissions and the users in a particular group suddenly cannot see but one space, then please do open a ticket.

While we wait for support, I will be happy to double check the permissions. Please attach a screenshot of the Space Permissions from one of the spaces the user cannot see, and let me know which group the user is in which is being used to grant permissions.

Good news!

Although I had the group to which the user belonged have permission to view the space, I did not have the individual user set up with permission.

Once I did that, the user can now see the space.

It is just frustrating that I have to go through each space and add in each user.

Shouldn't the groups see the spaces?

Thank you.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
July 18, 2017

Thanks for the good news!

However, if the user is in a group that has permission to see the space, the user should see the space. You should not have to add the individuals to the space permissions. Could you do a huge favor and double check that the user is in the group that has the permissions?

The user: support@autoclerk.com is part of the group: confluence-users

And the group and the user have rights to view spaces.

I am not sure if I should still be sumbitting a ticket.

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the trouble.

Holly McGlothlin July 20, 2017

More good news.  It seems the the group the had permission was called 'users'.  The name of the group that should have had access is 'confluence-users'.  I assumed they were one in the same but it seems the update did not migrate all the data/users/permissions, etc.

Once I changed the group to confluence-users, then the user support@autoclerk.com saw all the necessary spaces.

I will still have to double check to see if there are other problems.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2017

That really is good news, thanks for the update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events