Space settings missing permissions tab

JRodney Estrada April 12, 2021

Hey all,

Anyone know why the "Permissions" tab would be missing from "Space Settings"? I noticed some Confluence Cloud spaces have the "Permissions" tab on the "Space Settings" page while other spaces do not. Is it easy to add the "Permissions" tab?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JRodney Estrada April 14, 2021

I found the answer under "Recover Space Permissions" here 

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/

0 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

Hello @JRodney Estrada , 

You might be limited from seeing the Permissions tab in certain space's Space Settings if you do not have the the correct permissions. I might be helpful to look for a pattern of when you can see the "Permissions" tab and when you can't.

• Do you know if you're a Space admin for the spaces in question?
  • Are you able to see other parts of Space Settings for those spaces?
  • Lastly, are you using Confluence on the  Free plan?

Also, if you haven't seen it already, this article about space permissions might be helpful.

Best wishes, Sharon

JRodney Estrada April 12, 2021

Hi @Sharon Helms ,

Good questions, this is what I've found...

Q1 - I am not the space admin on the spaces that are missing the permission tab.

Q2 - Yes, I can see other tabs like "Content Tools"

Q3 - Using Confluence Premium.

I noticed that I can see the permissions tab on spaces that are labeled "Manage Permissions" under "Operations" on the Global Security page (see screenshot) and I cannot see the permissions tab on spaces that are labeled "Recover Permissions".

Helpful?

Manage_and_Recover_Perms.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events