Space security for Altassian Service Desk knowledgebase

Brandon Schaefer October 30, 2017

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Confluence/Service Desk, but I've got a Knowledgebase setup in Confluence and connected in service desk.  

My security in service desk for the knowledgebase is set to 'All active users can access the knowledge base without a confluence license', however when you search for an article and click to open you are forced to login to confluence.  

Upon searching I've come across the bug 'https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1551' that says this is not going to be fixed, but under another service request with Atlassian they stated this "bug" was actually a configuration issue but did not give any details.

1) Is there a way for users to be able to open the articles without giving anonymous access to the space?  I'd really rather not have KB/Manual open to the internet.  Article links do display with the title/text when searching.  It's just when you attempt to open you're required to login.

2) When I look at Confluence licensing it appears to be logging every user that connects via Service Desk.  I'd be ok with the login issue as long as I'm not actually going to have to purchase licenses for all of the 'Service Desk' only users. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events