Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space removal long running task - In Progress ... very slow

Team Infrastructure August 17, 2017

Hi,

I have to restore many spaces, some of them are imported in something like 3-4 seconds but this same space need 5-10 minutes to be deleted. Which seems strangely slow.

I have a linux VM (centos 7.3.1611) with 4 CPU and 24 GB of RAM, the storage is full flash.  The CPU usage is very slow / memory usage is < 25% during the long running task. 

The restore is using much more CPU and is done much quicker. And seems to prove I have enough horsepower to do the job.

Have you already seen such behaviour ?

[EDIT] is not https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Confluence-5-extremely-slow-when-creating-removing-Spaces/qaq-p/502781 because the import / creation is done quickly.

1 answer

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

I have seem this. Normally your issue here is the Database and the method used to "Clean" the database when purging trash or deleting an entire space.

Take a look at your database and ensure you are not running into deadlocks or performance issues with your flavor of SQL. Ensure you are not running any maintenance plans, backups, or re-indexes while you are performing your deletes.

Team Infrastructure March 28, 2018

The DB is working fine, it was a confluence bug ( or feature).

After a confluence update the problem has disappeared.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events