It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sort Sidebar Page Tree Permanantly

This refers to both Confluence Cloud and Server.

The sidebar page tree is not sorted alphabetically perpetually.

I know that I can sort the pages via the Space Settings, however, this does not persist and requires constant manual sorting via this screen.

I saw this page, but it is not an ideal solution.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Sort-page-tree-in-sidebar-by-title/qaq-p/177757

What are the exact steps to permanently sort the pages in the sidebar after new pages are created?

I have no restrictions to add CSS to site, if that is a solution.

1 answer

1 accepted

The following worked with Confluence Server 6.13

1. Navigate to the Space Tools​ page
  2. In the sidebar area, click the Configure sidebar​ link
  3. Click the minus symbol next to the Navigation display options​ section to hide this
  4. Navigate to Look and Feel​ > Sidebar, header and footer
  5. Add the following to the Sidebar​ section
    Page Tree
    {pagetree:root=Page Name|sort=natural|excerpt=true|reverse=false|startDepth=3|expandCollapseAll=true|searchBox=true}

[OR]

Child Pages
    {children:reverse=true|sort=natural|style=h4|page=Home|excerpt=none|first=99|depth=2|all=true}

References

Page Tree Macro
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-tree-macro-163414255.html

Children Display Macro
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/children-display-macro-139501.html

unfortunately in CLOUD there is no "Sidebar" Option ... :-(

Like # people like this

I'm having the same issue. I take meeting notes regularly and I'd like the most recent notes to automatically be at the top of the list of child pages but it always goes to the bottom. I'm not sure how to do this other than manually dragging the notes to the top each time. 

Like Douglas_Martin likes this

Is there a way in Confluence Cloud to set the sidebar to automatically alphabetize?  This discussion provides a solution for non-Cloud, but what about Cloud?

Thanks in advance!

Like # people like this

I also have the cloud version and this does not seem to address the issue.  I would love to be able to have the sidebar page tree sort alphabetically perpetually.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

2,116 views 4 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you