Sort page tree in sidebar by title

Adil Nasri March 11, 2015

Hi,

is it possible to sort the displayed child pages on the left sidebar by title? I know that it is possible with the page tree macro, but I can't find any settings for the sidebar. I appreciate your help!

Regards,

Adil

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

For the default theme go to the bottom of the left-hand navigation and click on Space Tools. Select "Reorder pages". Expand a parent page and you will see an icon that looks like this image2015-3-11 15:30:24.png appear next to the parent page. Click the icon and all of the sub pages will sort by title. They should also continue to sort alphabetically going forward ... unless you manually move a page and change the sorting.

Walter Martín Villalba December 11, 2018

@Davin Studer 

Hi Davin, I used to follow these steps and everything worked fine, but recently it stopped working. When I click on the icon the existent pages get sorted, but new pages always go to the end of the list, not respecting the alphabetical order. Any ideas? Thanks.

Like JR likes this
0 votes
Greg Della-Croce March 28, 2017

Davin, I do not know if your answer help Adil, but it was the advice I need.  Thanks!

Greg DC

0 votes
Adil Nasri March 11, 2015

I am using the default theme.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

What theme are you using ... Default or Documentation? The process if different depending upon the theme you use.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events