Some pages do not have the "Decision" macro available?

Deleted user September 4, 2018

Hi,

On some pages, like Meeting Notes, there is a nice "decision" macro available, in the menu and by typing <>.

I've created a blank page and now this macro is missing.

How can I make it available? I have searched the internet and Confluence settings...

See green arrow icon in screenshot below, for the decision macro in action.

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

decision_and_action_macros.png

3 answers

3 votes
Hans-Florian Piecha August 19, 2019

I´d like to raise this issue again, because I am in a similar position. I also would like to implement these two macros in a custom template and rather not use the blueprints.

3 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Hi there, Jeroen.

You got that right. The behavior that you are seeing on your end is part of the Confluence Editing Improvements where the following was highlighted:

We're making these changes incrementally, and just like when you're renovating a house, you might temporarily lose the use of a room feature as we repaint rewrite it. Features currently under renovation include:

• Meeting notes blueprint customization
  • Find and replace
  • Change messages when publishing
  • Notify watchers toggle
  • Inline macro browser
  • Internationalization
  • Explicit image sizing
  • Indentation

If you haven't notice it already, the Meeting Notes and Blog comes with a brand new UI compared to the normal page. 

• The layout change is intended. Normal page will go away and it will only be the meeting notes / blogposts UI / layout moving forward.

• In the new editor, / is the new shortcut to open the macro quick search.

• Action in the new editor replaces Task in the old and Decision is entirely new, so you won’t find either one of them in the old editor.

I hope that helped to answer the question that you have here. Feel free to share any other concerns that you have and I will be glad to assist.

Deleted user September 12, 2018

So if I understand correctly, somewhere in the not to distant future, I can make use of Action and Decision macros in all pages in Confluence?

(Right now I have to create a new page using the Meeting Notes template and then first remove all that I don't need)

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2018

Hi again, Jeroen.

Sorry for the delayed response as I was away last week. Yes, that will be the future plan of Confluence Cloud as mentioned. 

In regards to using the Meeting Notes template, that would be a good workaround for now until the feature gets rolled out 100%. 

Robin Tuttle December 19, 2018

how does one make a list of the decisions made via the decision macro and NOT via the decision blueprint page template that auto generates a decision log page?

Like # people like this
page.sorensen July 22, 2019

Any update on when the editing improvements will be finished? I want to use the / shortcut and the decisions macro in custom templates I'm making.  

0 votes
Deleted user September 10, 2018

Perhaps caused by all the recent editor changes Atlassian has been rolling out?

Still looking for an answer, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events