Solution Servername Database

Renato April 10, 2017

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a solution for the following problem:

We would like to create a page, which serves as some sort of a "server database". For our daily work, we constantly mention a bunch of different servers on our Confluence insance. Also, most server names are mentioned on multiple confluence pages. Thus, we would like to store all the server related information in one single place/site and just tag them on our Confluence pages. In the sense that if some server related information changes, we only have to change the information once and not on every single page seperately. I already tried the "include page" macro but it's not ideal for our purpose. I am thinking about something like the "CRM Contact List" AddOn where all the contacts are stored in one central place and contacts are mentioned  using the #-symbol. Does anybody know of a solution? Thanks a lot for your help, it's much appreciated.

-Renato

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Not quite sure if I understand correctly this case, but.. If Server would be a single page (and on that page you would have information about the server) then simply on other spaces/pages add a link to that pages (something like a mention) . From every document you would always have a reference to server information.

Overall I recommend using Jira project for that and mention Jira issues where an issue would be a server.. You get all mentions on the ticket be always up to date.. etc. Simple Asset management without addons :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events