Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Smart links break on requirements index page, after updating child page Edited

Greetings,

when I create a product requirement page in Confluence Cloud the corresponding requirements index page shows the smart links to embedded epic issues just fine.

But when I re-publish a requirement page (even without any changes) the corresponding smart link of the epic, on the requirement index page,  gest permanently reduced to an ordinary link.

Does anyone know if that's a known issue, or if I might be doing something wrong, or how I might work around it? I already tried reverting the sub pages to earlier revisions and duplicating them, to no avail.

Bests, Patrick 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jul 08, 2021

Hi @Patrick Metz ,

You've nailed the steps to reproduce this problem with the Page Properties Report macro (what's generating that table on the index page). Unfortunately this is a known bug in Confluence Cloud - it's documented as CONFCLOUD-69881 on our public Jira instance.

By removing the Jira links on the requirements pages, re-adding them, and then re-publishing the requirement page, you can sometimes get the smart links to come back. This is not ideal, and doesn't always work to restore the smart link.

Watching the issue and voting by clicking "This affects my team" on our public Jira instance will help prioritize the issue. You can see in the comments that work was started previously to fix the bug but was de-prioritized due to complexity. Additional votes and watchers help the product managers prioritize against other initiatives.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Good morning Daniel,

thank you for reaching out, and for clearing that up. 👍
I'll gladly participate in the mentioned Confluence issue then.

Bests,
Patrick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

407 views 16 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you