Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Links Not Appearing for Other Users

Cate Vieira July 12, 2021

Hi there,

I have smart links embedded on a page, and they are smart for me, but display as the regular URL for other team members.

I am unsure how to proceed as it works for me and some of my coworkers, but the display for a smart link doesn't work for others. This means they can't get context for what the link is for.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hello again Cate! Glad to see you here. :)

The SmartLinks embedded on the page, as it is working for you and some coworkers, it is possible that could be something related to permissions for other users to see it, but we would like to understand the behavior for those who can't see it.

When it is displayed for other members as a regular URL, it would be a hyperlink only, or a URL link on a card, for example?

Generally, this happens to restricted pages, where users who don't have access to see the same, instead of seeing the SmartLink for those pages, see the URL link, often seen inside a card too.

Additionally, if a user does not have access or permissions to see the content from the link, for example a Google Sheets link, it will not resolve into a SmartLink for those users.
If they have access to it, it should start working again once they connect to preview it.

If the users are by any chance not logged in, they wouldn't be able to see SmartCard links due to this bug: Link Object Resolver doesn't work for Anonymous users.

If none of the scenarios shared applies to your case, Cate, please let us know!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Jessica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events