Site/Space Security Audit

Morgan.Kennedy December 26, 2017

I'm doing a year-end clean-up of our Confluence site and the permissions are a hot mess (multiple administrators over time).

Is there a way to get an audit of who has access to what pages through what groups? There are conflicts occuring where someone who has individual user access to do everything cannot edit random pages in the wiki. 

1 answer

0 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2017

Hello,

If you want to know which pages user has any access to, admin or view, then How to list which spaces a user can access KB will have some useful queries, it will allow checking both, individually granted or group permissions.

If you prefer to use User Macros instead of direct DB queries, then How do I view a list of all space administrators for all spaces KB should be useful.

Hope this helps, and good luck in your audit!

Regards,

Igor

Morgan.Kennedy January 2, 2018

We have a hosted account through Atlassian so I don't have access to the DB (that I'm aware of).

marc caron April 12, 2019

I'm searching for similar. I've already found in a dev community thread that this isn't possible. I think it should be information made available through the REST API. Going to the DB for this is not a practical option.

Also I am trying to do alerts for Anonymous sites and/or pages. A plug in for this would be very heavy compared to just a routine rundown through the REST interface.

I'd like to suggest this as an enhancement. Especially as more companies are becoming more security conscious.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events