Site Homepage setting has no effect for normal user

Hi,

because the old dashboard does not exist anymore in confluence 6, but we want to have a start page that only lists all existing space, I tried the following workaround:
I created a new "welcome" space with a home page that links to the spaces that the customers should access.
Then I opened the further configuration as admin and switched the "Site Homepage" to this welcome space.
I set the permissions of the new welcome space to "read permissions" for the customer user account.
But still, if I login as customer, I am redirected to the dashboard which shows all-updates.
How can I prevent this? Why is this redirect working for my admin user account, but not for the customer user despite the correct permission settings?
Regards,
Stefanie

3 answers

Our customers also wanted their list with all the spaces they have access to back too.
Iam not sure about your way of a new space and using that as "homepoint". But we use the "Custom Dashboards for Confluence" - Addon now. Costs little money, but creating a site dashboard (with space list) or custom dashboards for each indiviual space is very easy and useful.

0 vote
Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Jul 21, 2017

We use Confluence Cloud, but we're experiencing a similar problem, and we learned that it's been reported as a bug.  You might want to watch this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6349

Ok, so basically it is not possible to configure a start page unless you buy an extra add-on just for that?!

I wonder why so many basic things have to be bought in confluence as an add-on ... 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,694 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you