Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single source (table) created, but updated from different places.

B-S June 30, 2021

Admin has created a single table with all employee data.  I want Bob to see and update only (edit rows/records in single table) people on his team on Bobs team page.  I want Betty to see and update (edit rows/records in single table) people on her team on Betty team page. HOW CAN I DO THIS? 

I have already tried excerpt and include excerpt but they can't edit a excerpt include page on each of their pages. 

Suggestions please. 

2 answers

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Hi @B-S , you may use our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that can easily collect several multi-row tables into one big report with further filtering, pagination and other handy options.

Please look here for an example of a similar use case.

B-S July 1, 2021

I figured I wasn't clear enough on the first post sorry for that everyone. 

Let me restate what I want to do, one table that can be updated in 3 places.

Create a Master Table on a confluence page called "Master Table Page" (MTP). 

Put the master table on another page called "Update Page" in a section Called View #1 on that page.  Filter the view to see only GREEN (filtered items) from the Master Table in that view.  Have a person edit the View #1 data on the Update Page and that would also automatically update the Master Table on the MTP page.

Also 

Have the master table in another section Called View #2 on that Update Page.  Filter the view to see only RED (filtered items) from the Master Table in that view.  Have a person edit the View #2 data on the Update Page and that would also automatically update the Master Table on the MTP page. 

Here is the tricky part; If a person changed an item from Green to RED it would not show up in View #1 any more but show up in View #2 now because of the filter. 

Basically I want a Single table the has all items, and i want that table to be updated in 3 different places, Master table itself, View #1 and View #2, is this possible. 

Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include does not allow for all 3 places to be edited.

Any other suggestions? 

B-S July 1, 2021

One more thing, it is more about the ability to update the table in 3 places then creating multiple reports. Having the option to click the pencil and edit the data in the different views and if the filter flag is changed the data show up in the other view as well as being changed in the master table. I realize i may be asking something that can be done if that is the case then ok. 

B-S July 7, 2021

Katerina any other suggestions to resolve my issue?

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

Now I see that you want a different case - your master tables should "mirror" each other and every update made from any of the tables should be reflected in every other table.

As for now, I can't come up with a suitable solution. Maybe you should try to browse the Marketplace - I've came across different solutions similar to our Excerpts, so can't give you any links myself.

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Hi @B-S ,

One option is to look into the page properties macro https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-page-properties-macro/ and the page properties report macro.

The page properties macro allows each employee to add information in their page, and the page properties report macro allows you to aggregate this information.

B-S July 1, 2021

I figured I wasn't clear enough on the first post sorry for that everyone. 

Let me restate what I want to do, one table that can be updated in 3 places.

Is this possible, see the full details in my reply to Katrina if possible.

B-S July 9, 2021

One more thing, it is more about the ability to update the table in 3 places then creating multiple reports. Having the option to click the pencil and edit the data in the different views and if the filter flag is changed the data show up in the other view as well as being changed in the master table. I realize i may be asking something that can be done if that is the case then ok. 

Marc do you have any other options? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events