Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simply link a text to attachment

Mischa Gallati December 8, 2019

Hi together

How can i simply link a text to attachment ?

Is that true that is not possible anymore? How can a symple thing so dificulty to make? 

I found solutions dont work anymore

• simply chose a attachment to link in the link field
  • "[" 
  • Show The properties panel for images or attachments

The solution with the attachment macro i dont like! I realy want to klick on the text to open a pdf in previw window!!!

Its sad that i need so match time to do a simply link a attachment!!! Hope i get a easy solution,.

Thanks and Reguards (sorry for my english)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello Misha

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us!

As we roll out the new editor, some features that were formerly available in the old editor may not yet be available for use. We go over a few of these on our Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap.

For example, I raised a feature request for linking text to attachments a while back, and you can find that here:

There's also another feature for linking specifically attachments as text:

I can see that specifically linking images as a link is in our short-term backlog. Linking attachments with text is not yet, but I believe the two should be related.

As a workaround in the meantime, indeed, the only workaround is to obtain the URL for an attachment using the Attachments Macro on the page (. . . > Attachments).

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events