Showing complete URL in Search Results - How?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

Hello everyone,

When you run a search within a space the URL info displayed under each result is limited to:

• <space name> <date>

Which is very uninformative and pretty useless as I already know where I am searching. Is there any way of showing the complete URL? For example:

• <space name> <home page> <sub-page name> <sub-page name> <actual page name> <date>

This would make recognising where the page is located much easier.

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

You should be able to edit the SERP processor that renders the search results. I would start by looking at the /decorators/search.vmd file and see if there's a way to get the full URL into the results list.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2014

Matthew, thanks. I've sent the info to our tech team to see what they can do with it. :)

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events