Show new HTML in Confluence instead of existing Dashboard page.

Jaydeep Hirani September 27, 2019

My requirement is to show new HTML for home page in confluence instead of existing Dashboard page with some components of confluence like Create from Template.

Do I have to modify existing decorators (like main.vmd) or add new ones.

Request to please provide me guidelines on what all changes do I need to make considering I am new to Confluence.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello Jaydeep,

Thank you for contacting us. Happy to help.

I would say that if you want to include custom HTML within a single page of Confluence, you should use the HTML Macro. This allows you to embed code into a single Confluence page. 

If you want to customize the whole of Confluence with HTML or CSS, then have a look at Customizing Site and Space Layouts, and Changing the Look and Feel of Confluence.

Before making any changes like this, do make sure to create a backup of your Confluence instance, in case you need to revert any changes.

Regards,

Shannon

Jaydeep Hirani October 1, 2019

Thanks Shannon, This really helped and I was able to customize UI of confluence pages by creating Theme plugin. 

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2019

Jaydeep,

That's great; thank you for letting me know!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events