Should the Excerpt Include Macro work cross space?

Bristow April 23, 2013

So when I try to use the Excerpt Include Macro it will only let me do it for the current space, where as when I try to do it from another space it will let me in edit mode click 'Go to included Page' but says the page doesn't exist when I go into preview.

Below is the process I'm following; (I'm hoping I'm making a silly mistake!)

1. I've created a space with the key, "Care".
    1. I've created a page within this space called "Project Servers", with some content within the Excerpt macro.
  2. I've created another space.
    1. I've created a page within this space.
    2. I then added the Excerpt Include Macro, using the following format Space Key:Page Name, in this scenrario it will be CARE:Project Servers.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bristow May 28, 2013

I was running version 4.1.3 but "Excerpt Include macro across spaces" wasn't included till 4.3.2.

I have since upgraded to 4.3.7 and the Excerpt include macro works acrosses spaces as expected.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.3.2+Release+Notes

3 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Bristow,

It should indeed! Your process sounds exactly right. In the test I just performed I have 2 spaces universe and galaxy. In universe, I have a test page with some content in an excerpt. Then in galaxy on a new page I use excerpt-include and when typing in the page name, it pops up in the select list. Then it's populated as spacekey:pagename. I click ok, save the page and everything displays fine. I can also edit the page and use the go to included page links just fine.

Are there any restictions set on the spaces or pages that you're trying to link to?

When adding the excerpt include macro, if you just type in the page name, does it bring up suggestions of pages in a list you can select from? I would say, select from the list rather than just type it in. See if it resolves better that way.

Bristow April 24, 2013

There shouldn't be any restrictions as the spaces were created pretty much from the start with default settings.

It brings up suggestions from the current space, no other spaces seem to work.

You can select from a list?

0 votes
Bristow April 24, 2013

They are two different things, the exact space I am trying to include from is "RTI/RTI+Project+Servers" , capitals were used as this is standard for acronyms. Where in the Excerpt-Include I have tried RTI:RTI Project Servers and now rti:rti project servers.

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Bristow,

just to make sure: "Space Key" and "Space Name" are two different things. The space key is usually lowercase. You'll see the space key in the URL of your browser tab:

http://your.confluence.url.com/display/spacekey/Home

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events