Sharing option for a newer version of file...

I have uploaded a file and shared with a set of users. There are active comments on the file.

Now, I want to upload a newer version of the file. Need clarification on the following:

1. Are the shared users retained for the newer version of the file?

2. Does a notification email go to the shared users about the newer version of the file?

3. Are the resolved/unresolved comments retained for the newer version of the file? If not, is there a way I can migrate the resolved/unresolved comments to the newer version of the file?

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 06, 2017

I tested the scenarios described and found:

1- The new file was not shared, menaing new comments on it did not trigger emails.

2- After I shared an attachment, notification was not sent out when I uploaded a new version.

3- Comments were stripped from the new version I uploaded.

I do not know of a strategy for migrating/retaining the comments when a new version is uploaded - perhaps another member of the Community can help out.

Thank you Ann. That means, for the newer version of the file, I need to explicitly re-share with the same set of users.  

I'll wait to her from other members in the community. Also, how do I see the users with whom I have shared a file?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,943 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you