Sharepoint migration to confluence

ehteshamuddin June 13, 2017

Does Atlassian have any addon or a way for migrating Sharepoint to Confluence. As the UWC is not available

4 answers

2 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Hey there, 

It depend of which content you'd like to import from Sharepoint. If it's Word documents, you can use this documentation. If you want to bulk import files, I would recommand to use webdav for Confluence. 

Finally, for supported solution, you can try this add-on, but I'm not sure of which type Sharepoint pages are - I think it was HTML but I guess you know better than me. 

If you really want to use the UWC, here is a workaround - it's not supported by Atlassian, I just tried to figure out a solution : 

I don't know which version of Confluence server you currently have but the UWC only works with previous versions than the current one. The workaround/advice I can give you regarding UWC would be to download a previous version of Confluence here , most likely less than 4.3.7 as written on this archive. You can generate an evaluation license or a developer license to use it.

Then, you can implement the UWC and migrate.
Once it's done, you will be able to upgrade, export in XML and import the content in your current Confluence instance.

I hope it helps, 
Hermance

0 votes
Murugan Mittapalli October 21, 2020

Hi Guys,

Old topic but need it now, what is the best way to migrate data from SharePoint to Confluence?

Thank you.

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

@Murugan Mittapalli Been looking for this as well. I think this topic, while old the options are still relevant. I haven't been able to find anything that actually migrates data other than the Enterprise Bridge that Boris mentioned.

0 votes
Boris Zinchenko September 10, 2018

You might explore Enterprise Bridge, which offers fully automated migration of SharePoint sites to Confluence cloud and on-premise.

0 votes
Juliane Neumann {Communardo}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2017

Hi,

I work for Communardo Software GmbH. Last year, our company assumed ownership of the SharePoint Connector for Confluence from Atlassian. As a Platinum Atlassian Solution Partner, we're big fans of Confluence. But we also know that SharePoint is a great document management system, and it can be difficult to get loyal users to migrate to a new platform. That's why I wanted to let you know that there's an alternative to migration. With the SharePoint Connector for Confluence (also available for SharePoint Online), you're able to embed SharePoint lists, documents, calendars and more directly into Confluence page. Likewise, you can embed Confluence pages and content into SharePoint. This integration effectively bridges the gap between the two systems, enabling your teams to work as one using whichever system they prefer. If you think this might be a good solution for you, I invite you to sign up for a free 30-day trial via the Atlassian Marketplace.

Cheers,
Juliane Neumann

Marsha Komperda September 20, 2019

Is this available for cloud based version of confluence?

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Hi Marsha,

SharePoint Connector for Confluence is available for Confluence Cloud  :) https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218247/sharepoint-connector-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events