Setting up Confluence

Haider Makia November 29, 2020

Hi all,

Is there a write up that articulates the ports needed for the on-premise server to talk to the Atlassian licensing servers for registration (or any other services/ports needed)?  And once open, do they need to be open all the time, or is it a one time activity and is it outbound only?

Thanks in advance.

HM

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Hi Haider,

welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understood your question in a way you want to know which port on Atlassian-side is contacted from your server to validate the entered license key.

Whilst I could not find a documentation on this from my experience it is a simple HTTPS connection. Therefore you need to make sure your firewall is allowing outgoing traffic for port 443.

This is outbound only. Also, you need *no* permanent connection to Atlassian servers. Furthermore, exactly this is THE reason while some users keep their installations of Jira/Confluence on a server not connected to the outside.

Please note, that for updating Apps via Marketplace also a connection to Atlassian servers must be possible (also there is a port 443 open = HTTPS / SSL) which you need to contact. In case you block this connection just make sure you check for App update availability every now and then.

Cheers,
Daniel

Haider Makia December 6, 2020

Thanks Daniel.  That answers the port question which then raises a follow-up question.  What URLs/IPs does Confluence and Jira need to speak to?  Our security guys won't allow the server to talk to everything, it needs to be specific.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

To be honest, the host names are not known to me.
This is probably best to clarify with Atlassian.
A guess would be something under ???.atlassian.com but not sure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events