Setting the thumbnail size of an image

Timo Ballin December 13, 2012

It seems that atlassian an we have different ideas of "large" images.

As far as I read through the documentation and comments I understand that if I choose "small" and "medium" image preview from the image-macro, the thumbnail image file is used for display. If I choose the "large" version the original file is used and displayed - just resized on the client side.

We need to set the size of the thumbnail - so that even the "large" preview use the thumbnail !?

The point is we have lots of images with a resolution of 4-7k ( 4000-7000px ). Minimum resolution is 2k. And a 500px preview is not large anymore...!

And when I am thinking of "mobile" devices two diffrent thumbnail-preview sizes would be best. But I understand that this is a wish to be wished somewhere else....

2 answers

0 votes
ga fdsf January 22, 2014

i am new at image thumbnail. so can you show some tutorials for me. so that i can learn how to cusotmize and make my own thumbnail. beside any methdo on image processing would be appreciated.

thank you in advanced

Lily

0 votes
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Hello Raketen,

Unfortunately this is not easy as modifying a parameter. You'll need to customize Confluence Source Code to achieve this. You'll need to edit the package com.atlassian.core.util.thumbnail, and some more to achieve the desired.

Or you'll need to modify the js and css, which is something that I would be lacking to give you, someone with more expertise should help you.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events