Setting my 3 active whiteboards

Kelly Elizabeth Hutchison July 4, 2024

I have lots of whiteboards set up, but since the rules on whiteboards have changed , now a lot of them are view-only. This is fine for the most part when I need to refer back to something, and occasionally I see a popup when I open one asking if I want to swap it to be active, which is great, and I can activate it again. 

So, this is in fact what I want to do. But if I don't see the popup appear asking the question, I don't know where to go to manage which whiteboards are my three active ones. I am opening a whiteboard, and I don't get the popup, only a band across the top stating this is view-only. So where do I go in my settings to manage which whiteboards are active at any one time?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2024

Hi @Kelly Elizabeth Hutchison 

From other community posts I think it isn't possible to 'Activate' a selective whiteboard.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/understand-confluence-whiteboards-plans-and-features/ this doc provides more details.

Passage that might be relates to your use case :

If you exceed the three active board limit on the Free or Standard plan, your last three created boards will remain active. Any additional boards will become read-only, allowing you to view and access existing information but not make edits. This ensures you can keep working on your most important projects while managing your board usage efficiently.

Given this situation, I've requested Atlassian to help clarify this behavior.

Kelly Elizabeth Hutchison July 5, 2024

Hi Jehan, 

Thanks so much for responding. I just don't understand because sometimes, only sometimes, when i go into an older whiteboard, a popup appears and it says 'This whiteboard is view-only. Would you like to activate it and make 'xxxx other whiteboard name' view-only instead?'. And I can select 'Yes' and then the whiteboard is active again to continue editing. It's just that this popup does not consistently appear each time I open a view-only whiteboard. If the popup was consistent then it would be perfect, I could just switch between active whiteboards whenever I needed to edit something on an older board. 

Products change and evolve ALL THE TIME. So when I go back to an older process flow chart whiteboard with a new addition to the process or a change to the flow making it more efficient, it makes no sense that I have to re-create the entire whiteboard again to change one little part of the process. That is not efficient development.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events