Setting a date on a field on a live page with no previous date shown and not going to Edit Mode

Trey Thomas January 8, 2020

Using Confluence 6.13.9

We have a dashboard that uses the page properties report to create a table. In this table are four date fields:

|  Planned Start  |  Actual Start  |  Planned Completion  |  Actual Completion  |

From the templates, there is a date picker for the two planned dates, and those are set when creating the project page. The two actual dates we want to leave blank and have these set when it actually starts, and when it actually completes. Having a placeholder date already there is not working, as people are not using it correctly, or not using it at all.

So my question is:

I want to have a button or drop-down that says "Set Date". When this is selected, the date picker appears, the user sets the date, and then the date is now set on that field.

For something like this, which would make more sense, a macro or plug-in? From reading the various pages on macros/plug-ins, still confused if this could be done with a macro, and a plug-in would be an over-kill.

Thanks in advance :)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

@Trey Thomas A macro is about helping you to expand the capabilities of your Confluence pages, allowing you to add extra functionality or include dynamic content. But from the code perspective, a macro is developed by Atlassian plugin framework.

But from your case, you probably need to use a plugin like @James Dellow mentioned above or you could write one by yourself by checking this https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-plugin-guide/

0 votes
Trey Thomas January 9, 2020

Thanks @James Dellow and @Minh Tran

I'll try that plug-in and see how it works. If not, then I'll look into going the plug-in route.

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events