Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Confluence Space for Public access not working

Idelso Quintero April 7, 2016

Hello group,

I would appreciate some guidance or ideas on what may be causing the Public configuration for one of our Spaces not to work. Obviously I must be doing something wrong or missing a step somewhere but I don't seem to be able to figure out where. I have followed multiple times, over and over again, the steps listed here:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/assign-space-permissions-139460.html

I got the space to show up in the home page for anonymous users. But when clicking on the link, it asks the user to enter his/her credentials, which it shouldn't. 

I have granted permissions at the Space level to View-All, Blog-Add, Comment-Add and still nothing.

We are running Confluence v. 5.8.10

Thank you in advance for any suggestion

-Idelso

3 answers

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

You should provide anonymous access both to Confluence as well as at Space level.

1. Space Level

Space-level.PNG

2. Global Permission

global.PNG

Hope this helps

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
Idelso Quintero April 7, 2016

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is a picture of what it looks like for Anonymous Access under Global Permissions and Space Permissions:

Global Permissions:

Global Permissions.png

Space Permissions: 

Space Permissions.png

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

Everything there looks correct. Do you know if the pages have any restrictions on them? 

Idelso Quintero April 11, 2016

Alex,

You were right! I had page restrictions in place that were probably causing the problem. But, I am not sure I am better off now. I removed those restrictions (see the attached screenshot) and now no-one can access the pages. There seems to be no restriction in place, but when trying to connect, any user other than the admin, is prompted with a message stating that page restrictions do exist (see second screenshot)

No Page Restrictions:

PageRestrictions.png

Error Message:

PAgeRestrictionsMessage.png

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

Hi,

I assume you have also given anonymous access to the instance in the Confluence administration area? After that then all you would need to give them is view access in order to see the space. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events