Set page restrictions to all pages

Michael Haverbier January 28, 2020

Hello,

using Comala Document Management, we add page view restrictions based on specific states.

So there are already quite some pages which can be viewed by only a special group.

We want to add another group to be able to view all these pages.

Is it possible to set the view page restriction for all relevant pages (easy or at once)?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jorge Merino
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi Michael!

There is a trick called 'cascade workflows' in Comala Document Management that will allow you to fire a trigger for specific pages in the whole space. I think that's exactly what you are looking for. 

• Edit your workflow in markup mode. Add a trigger like the following one to your workflow:

{trigger:labeladded|label=restrict|state=Approved}
{set-label:restrict|children=true}
{set-restrictions:type=Edit|group=group1, group2}
{remove-label:restrict}
{trigger}

When this label is added to a page (I suggest the 'home' page - but make sure it is in the Approved state)

This trigger will fire when the label restrict is added to the page, this results in the following actions:

• It will set the label restrict to its child pages,
    • This is where the cascade happens - this causes the trigger to fire on the child pages
  • It then sets restrictions
  • and then remove the restrict label

Two things to note:

• You will not see the label on the page because it is immediately removed
  • You will need to wait some time (depending on the size of your space) for the cascade to take complete effect

If you need help implementing cascade workflows in your set up, do contact our support team at https://comalatech.jira.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

All the best

Jorge

David Pressley December 17, 2020

Hi Jorge,

I can't seem to get this to work in a cascading way... I can get the restrictions to set on the page that I have the workflow on, but not on any child pages. Is this still the same functionality for v6.13.1?

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

Hi @David Pressley 

This should work in v6.13.1 however there maybe a few reasons this does not work as expected, could you contact us via https://support.comalatech.com/ with some more details.

To speed up our support team, please could you attach a copy of the markup of all of the active workflows in your space.

Thanks in advance

James
Senior Product Manager

David Pressley December 18, 2020

Thanks @James Conway

Headed your way...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events