Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service User redirect afrer confluence login

Mateusz Kiliński September 18, 2019

Hello all! My customers have a problem with login to our Confluence knowledge-base. I've created a new group for them and I gave them access to view a space. They don't have a confluence license as well, so my helpdesk space is public and is a default space after login (General Configuration > Further Configuration > Site Homepage). 

Now, after login my customer see this information (sorry for language)

Screenshot_2019-09-18 09.00.34_9sNKon.png

They need to go manually to address myconfpage.domain/display/KEY/

Is it possible to redirect them to the space automaticly?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

Hello,

Welcome to the community and thank you for reaching out.

The error you are running into is an issue with the anonymous access setting on publicly viewable confluence pages conflicting with the logged in Service desk customer attempting to access the page.  Confluence considers a user it cannot find in the user directory as "anonymous", but the Service desk customers are in the directory as an existing but unlicensed user and the user is blocked from accessing the page.

We are currently in the process of addressing this and its on our roadmap for development as covered in the most recent update on the following Feature request to get this sorted out:

Noting the status update as of June 2019 on the Cloud version of the request:

Thank you for your patience and being so vocal with regards to availability of this feature in Confluence Cloud. We acknowledge that many of you are looking to share content with your customers and other external users without provisioning full licenses. 

I'm happy to share that we've put this suggestion on our roadmap and are planning to address it in the next 12 months.
We will keep you updated on the progress and timelines when the feature is going to be delivered.
Thanks again for your patience.

And it will follow on Server later on, so make sure to add yourself as a watcher to get updates on the status update when this is moved into development for Server, and also make sure to add a vote to the request to help us track the continued interest and count on affected users to help influence a priority bumb as covered in the "Implementation of New Features Policy".

Also there is some additional details on this viewable here:

Noting the mention:

Make your space anonymous-accessible. This will mean that anyone will be able to browse your KB articles without needing to log in. If you are experiencing issues as described in CONF-30161 then please make sure you have linked your space to a JIRA Service Desk project via Project Settings → Knowledge Base as this fixes the problem.

Currently the mentioned process of linking the Service desk Project directly to the KB will fix this however this limits access of one portal connected to a space, but many spaces to a portal, meaning if you want all articles searchable from all portals this is not possible with this workaround, and alternate options for your Service desk customers to view to portal would be:

1. For them to Log out to view the confluence page anonymously (as a not logged in user) and while this is the easiest its not optimal as its a bad user experience to pass off the workaround to the end user
  2. You could create a duplicate set of pages, one anonymously accessible for non loged in users, and the other internally accessible set up with the link to the Knowledge base for the Customers to access
  3. Remove anonymous access from the pages so that the users must be logged in as a service desk customer to access the documentation, and enable Customer Portal with self sign-up so external anonymous users can sign up for an account on their own to access the pages 

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events