Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an Email from Confluence Form

Samantha Andrade January 29, 2021

Hello, 

I have created a form in Confluence for people to submit suggestions. I want the populated information to be sent to my email however, the information does not show up in the email. I only receive an empty email body. 

Thank you, 

Sam

2 answers

0 votes
Loren August 3, 2022

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-receive-email-notification-with-created-ConfiForm/qaq-p/2097714

I have a question somewhat similar but a little different, if either of you have the answer for this issue. 

Thanks

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2022

Take a look at the answer I have provided. More a question for now, to start the investigation. And let's continue there

Alex

Like Loren likes this
Loren August 4, 2022

Thanks again, your tips worked Alex.

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Hi

How have you created your form - are you using some kind of a plugin for that?

Alex

Hi, 

I'm using the ConfiForm macros (ConfiForms Form Definitions). To send the email I have used ConfiForms IFTT Integration Rules

Event: OnCreated

Choose Action to perform: Send Email

No Conditions have been set. 

Thanks, 

Sam

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

Have you put the contents of an email into the macro body? 
Also the ConfiForms Field macros, if you want to send the values from a form’s record

Alex

Like Samantha Andrade likes this

I think I understand your question.

I've tried adding it two ways:

Pasting the confiform fiele dmacros directly in the IFTT Integration rules body (as seen in the image) vs using notation :ie [entry.fieldName]

ConfiForm Email.PNG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

ConfiForms Field Definition macros are part of the ConfiForms Form Definition - these define and configure the form

I was referring to ConfiForms Field macros - these macros you use when you want to get/show the data from the form. So, inside the ConfiForms IFTTT macro body you "get" the values for the fields and need to use ConfiForms Field macros

See this tutorial https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/FORMS/How+to+create+a+form+to+send+emails 

I hope it helps

PS, And yes - the alternative to ConfiForms Field  macros is to use [entry.field_name] notations to extract RAW values for the fields (useful in certain cases like creating mapping for Jira issues and alike, but for emails it is wiser to use ConfiForms Field macros)

Alex

Like Samantha Andrade likes this
Samantha Andrade February 8, 2021

Thanks for this, Alex! It helped 

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso May 3, 2022

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

If I wanted to send an email with fixed data, that is, without the user interacting, I have the idea of setting the value of the fields from the beginning and hiding them, however, how could I do the same with an attachment, note- the attachment will always be the same

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2022

You can use attachment picket field and set it to "attachment id" that you want to include

Each attachment in Confluence has an id, and you can set that to "attachment picker field"

Adding attachment picker field into email (IFTTT macro body) will behave the same way as adding the "file/attachment" field - it will add the file as an attachment to the email

Alex

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso May 4, 2022

Thank you @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  for your reply, I have been trying to do this but have not been successful, can you give me a bit more details about this please? I mean how can I get the attachment id?, my attachment is an image and basically I want to send an email to the user after the user logs a Jira issue via commit in Confluence, this email has the information of sla that's why there is no user interaction with this procedure, I already managed to send the mail I just need to attach the image, obviously I have set the fields that I will use to send the email with the corresponding information such as the recipient, the title and the message, additionally I have hidden these fields so that the user does not have interaction with this information 

I have this...

1.png

Thanks in advance...

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2022

To get an attachment id you can follow the steps below

Open page attachments view

And then click on the attachment element to get the "developer tools"

You will see an id as below 

attachment-id.png

We also have a handy user macro that you can use to get the attachment IDs in a more convenient way

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Attachments+list

Then it is just a matter of "setting" this id to your picker field

That can be done in the Registrations Control - preset values parameter as  fieldname=attachmentId 

preset-values.png

Alex

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso May 5, 2022

Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ I'm going to work about this, I'll keep u informed...

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2022

Little demo of what's been said

https://recordit.co/Gbak4EK6Wk

(of course the field itself (the attachment picker), could be hidden on the form with https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Field+Definition+Rules#ConfiFormsFieldDefinitionRules-Hidefield)

Hope it helps

Alex

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso May 6, 2022

Dear @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ it's working, you are the king!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  the functionality is working, I have a little doubt, in the registration control I set the values for each field that will be sent in the mail, this in the Set values as key=value functionality, for the boddy message field, I need to insert "enter" to line balance, however look in inspect to see how that field goes with "enter" in the xml and indicates <br> I already tried it and no, I also put \n and neither did it, also in the documentation of this property of the registration control neither indicates how to insert an "enter", can you give me a hint?

3.png2.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2022

Using \\n

ta-line-break.png

And there is no need to put spaces between the = or after the values, unless you want them to appear in the values

Alex

Thank you very much, my form is working well and the best is becoming more complete

Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events