• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Send an Email from Confluence Form

Hello, 

I have created a form in Confluence for people to submit suggestions. I want the populated information to be sent to my email however, the information does not show up in the email. I only receive an empty email body. 

Thank you, 

Sam

1 answer

Hi

How have you created your form - are you using some kind of a plugin for that?

Alex

Hi, 

I'm using the ConfiForm macros (ConfiForms Form Definitions). To send the email I have used ConfiForms IFTT Integration Rules

Event: OnCreated

Choose Action to perform: Send Email

No Conditions have been set. 

Thanks, 

Sam

Have you put the contents of an email into the macro body? 
Also the ConfiForms Field macros, if you want to send the values from a form’s record

Alex

Like Samantha Andrade likes this

I think I understand your question.

I've tried adding it two ways:

Pasting the confiform fiele dmacros directly in the IFTT Integration rules body (as seen in the image) vs using notation :ie [entry.fieldName]

ConfiForm Email.PNG

ConfiForms Field Definition macros are part of the ConfiForms Form Definition - these define and configure the form

I was referring to ConfiForms Field macros - these macros you use when you want to get/show the data from the form. So, inside the ConfiForms IFTTT macro body you "get" the values for the fields and need to use ConfiForms Field macros

See this tutorial https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/FORMS/How+to+create+a+form+to+send+emails 

I hope it helps

PS, And yes - the alternative to ConfiForms Field  macros is to use [entry.field_name] notations to extract RAW values for the fields (useful in certain cases like creating mapping for Jira issues and alike, but for emails it is wiser to use ConfiForms Field macros)

Alex

Like Samantha Andrade likes this

Thanks for this, Alex! It helped 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Get to know the Confluence team!

Go “behind the screen” to meet some of the Confluence Cloud team. In this video series, we tackle some of the hard-hitting questions you never knew you wanted the answer to!  Meet some of the ...

236 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you