Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See all comments on confluence

Paul Davies May 17, 2023

How can I configure confluence so everyone can see each others comments on a particular document?

Thanks

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Paul Davies ,

comment visibility depends form page visibility so you can't define specific view permissions at comment level. As space admin you can defifine who can add/delete comments but visibility is related to page view.

Hope this clarifies,

Fabio

Paul Davies May 18, 2023

Many thanks Fabio,

so there are some concepts here that are new to me so I not clear yet how to meet my requirement.

To confirm, my requirement is for everyone who has permission to view a page to be able to see all comments on that page regardless of who added the comments. I would also like everyone to be able to replay to comments as well. At the moment people only seem to be able to view their own comments which doesn't support the collaboration that we are looking to encourage.

We trust people to not edit / delete other people's comments so I don't wish to implement a complex permissions configuration

Do you think this is something we can achieve with Confluence?

Many thanks

Paul

Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hey @Paul Davies , you need to provide "Add Comment" permission to the same users that currently can see page at Space Permission level.

Fabio

Paul Davies May 22, 2023

Hi Fabio,

I gave everyone full group-admin permissions and that seemed to work as a work-around for the moment.

We are a small team so this is fine for the moment but as we grow we can then configure the permissions as you've suggested. Just needs me to carve out some time to learn the basics of the configuration

Thanks

Paul

Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Hey @Paul Davies , thanks for the feedback.

Please mark my answer as accepted if you have not more question.

Like Paul Davies likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events