Searching by status in Confulence

Magdalena Kaczyńska November 15, 2018

Dear Confluence users, 

Do you know if is it possible to list/search pages by status, which is set on that page ( with standard option STATUS)? 

5 answers

2 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2023

Confluence page status has evolved a lot lately, but the built-in status solution is still pretty limited (to 5 statuses).

There are dedicated apps solving for better Confluence page status and content lifecycle management. One of these solutions is Better Content Archiving for Confluence which allows you to use custom statuses (15+), then display and find Confluence pages by status in a Content Status Overview:

content-status-overview-cloud.png

Page statuses update automatically based on your rules, or can be updated manually by quick actions!

Read more on quick actions in the Documentation >>

(Please note that Better Content Archiving for Confluence is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

1 vote
Anastasia Bek _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2023

Hello everyone,
We can offer a solution for your use case with our Handy Page Status from Handy Macros for Confluence.
If you need to set the status for the whole Confluence page, you can easily do it with our customizable statuses. They appear on top of a page. Users will be able to change statuses as progress goes by. Handy Page Status also keeps the history of changes for reporting.
To search for pages in a certain status, use Page Status Report. Here you will get the list of all pages in a particular status based on your criteria (like status itself, space, status creator, or date of changes).
Handy Page Status (2).pngReview page status changes in one click (1).pngPSR (2).png
Feel free to contact us for a live demo or help.

Take care,

Anastasia

0 votes
chris.grom November 16, 2023

Hi @Magdalena Kaczyńska

Here is my current solution for you.

I created an automated task (a 'rule') to assign particular page labels to pages with newly assigned statuses.

Users can then search for documents of a particular status, based on the labels that you assign to them via this customized rule.

You should assign truly unique page labels to match the document status, so as to produce accurate status search results. (for this example I assigned fairly generic status labels)

1. Open the Automation settings on Confluence's left sidebar.

2. Click on the blue Create Rule button (top right corner of the Automation settings page)

3. Enter a name for the rule you are publishing, and select which Space/s it applies to.

4. Apply the following steps to your rule:

a. When: Page Status Changed  # select the status you wish to track

b. Then: Add label  # enter a unique label to match the status in the step above

c. And: Add comment  # optional: add a comment to display when the  status was changed

When you are finished, enable the rule. Please see the 'Rough Draft' rule screenshot below for more detail.

Keep in mind, when the page's status is advanced from 'Rough Draft' to 'In Progress', you will have to write a new rule. In that rule, you can add a step to remove the prior status label once the new status has been assigned to the page. Please see the 'In Progress' rule screenshot below for more detail. You can apply these steps for each subsequent status change.

Although you cannot produce a 'report', you can produce search results that only display pages of a selected status.

chris.grom November 16, 2023

Customized 'Rough Draft' Rule.pngCustomized 'In Progress' Rule.png

0 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
March 29, 2022

Hello @Magdalena Kaczyńska ,

Handy Macros for Confluence can help you with this use case. Use the connection of its Handy Status with the page label. Once you update the status, the label is also updated. After that, you can click the label and see all the pages with a particular status.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Magdalena,

Which macro are you using to set your page status? We have a Status Macro which is simply a label that you can use within tables. Is this the one you're using or are you using some other method?

Shannon

Magdalena Kaczyńska November 20, 2018

Shannon,

Thanks for your answer. I am using Status Macro, but I can not see possibility to list it with a Macros: Label List, Content by Label ( If I write in space Label: status, I have got notification: 

There is no content with the specified labels

Have you got any idea of resolving that problem? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2018

Magdalena,

In the Content by Label macro, it's looking for labels on pages, and not status macros.

You might be able to accomplish this using a combination of page labels and the Page Properties Report macro. Maybe have a look at that macro and see if you could work with it to meet your needs?

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events