Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search within a Specific Folder

When a user search for a document in my site, I want the search criteria to be applicable for specific folder. Say, I have Model Repository as a directory and that has 100s of documents. If someone searches for a given Model by Author name, or Description or some specific keywords, search engine should only look into that folder, not across the enterprise level sites.

Is there a way it can be done?

7 answers

0 votes
Casey Maynard September 17, 2019

None of these pages seem to work.

I have a parent page with multi children and grandchildren.  I am looking for a specific term <TBD> and would like the search results to pull up the pages that have that term.

What macro should I use? Where should place that macro? What settings should I use for that macro?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

Another option for you if you want to restrict the search within a space to a certain part of the page tree is to use the Page Tree Search. The macro allows you to specify the parent page to search under.

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

I can't find the option to save the filter anywhere so maybe instructions are not a bad idea.

0 votes

Thanks, Manon. I'll explore Livesearch Macro feature. I'm pretty new to Confluence, my questions could be quite basic, but instead of getting lost, thought of taking help from the community and solve my teething problems quickly. Much appreciated for the quick response.

Ram

0 votes

Thanks, Greg. Can I save these search criteria and save it as a filter for the team to use? Or do i need to send instructions for the team with search criteria examlples and filters?

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2018

Hello,

In addition to @Grigory Salnikov solution, you could also use the Livesearch Macro. You'd just need to restrict the search to your Model Repository space.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2018

Hi!

Yes, it's possible:

confl1.jpgconfl2.jpgThere you should choose as a parent "Model Repository"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events