Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll versions - anonymous/reader

Jason Green August 15, 2019

Hi All,

The Scroll Add-on states in the Roles it defines there should be a "Reader" category. My screen shows no such category. I have Doc-Admin, Author, Reviewer, and that's all.

Further, as I have multiple versions of doc in each space on my Confluence site, I want anonymous users (users not logged into Confluence) to be able to access the Scroll add-on, and select what version of the doc they want from the drop-down menu. Is this possible to setup?

Thx,

JG

1 answer

1 vote
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hi JG.

Reader is a user who is not part of Doc-Admin, Author and Reviewer roles. Readers can't be defined as with other roles. Anonymous user are always readers.

The only way for anonymous users to be able to see the version picker and select versions is to use Scroll Versions in combination with Scroll Viewport. You can try this out by enabling support for versions in Viewport configuration of the space and then marking which versions should be viewable in Viewport in Scroll Add-ons → Versions screen.

More information about Versions-Viewport integration: https://help.k15t.com/scroll-viewport/latest/integrate-with-scroll-versions-134483720.html.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Roman.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events