Saving pages does not work on freshly installed Confluence Edited

Hello,

I just installed Confluence Server 5.10.8 x64 with JDBC Connector to PostgreSQL 9.6.3-3 x64 (both on a Windows 7 64-bit Virtual machine).

Everthing seems to work until it comes to the first page edit. By pressing the Save button a popup comes up saying "Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment."

What is wrong with it? I sticked to installation docs and recommended PostgreSQL.

Any kind of help would be very nice! 

Best regards

Benjamin Engst

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Benjamin,

Can you confirm with which browsers you run into this error, and if you happen to be using a proxy? 

A few users have been able to resolve this issue by disabling Collaborative editing but I do know it tends to occur when using a proxy or firewall.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

the error occurs with IE, FF and Chrome...

I can not find any settings regarding "Collaborative editing" in Confluence administration > General Configuration > Under 'Administration' <-- does not exist!

Hi Benjamin,

That did help and brought me to bug CONFSERVER-44216. I can't say for sure if this is what is causing your saving issue, but it appears that in Confluence 5.10, PostgresSQL 9.6 was not yet a supported database platform.

It is supported as of Confluence 6.3. My recommendation would be to first upgrade to Confluence 6.3, and see if you continue to have the issue saving.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

I have to use the latest 5.x version of Confluence. So I picked an older PostgreSQL version as mentioned at https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf510/supported-platforms-829078376.html

Switching back to PostgreSQL 9.5.7 solved it my problem!

Thanks a lot to Shannon!

Benjamin,

Great! Thank you for letting me know that!

Take care and Kind Regards,
Shannon

I had a look into my log files. There are many entries like this:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FEHLER: Spalte am.amcanorder existiert nicht
Position: 407
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2157)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1886)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:255)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:555)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:403)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:283)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getIndexInfo(AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java:4202)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyDatabaseMetaData.getIndexInfo(NewProxyDatabaseMetaData.java:3352)
at net.java.ao.DatabaseProvider.getIndexes(DatabaseProvider.java:515)
at net.java.ao.DatabaseProvider.hasIndex(DatabaseProvider.java:1443)
... 65 more

The german sentence in the first line actually mean "Error: Column am.amcanorder does not exist"

Maybe it helps... 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

385 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you