Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving in the Confluence editor

Jason Crawford March 14, 2013

Hi guys, I'm new to Confluence so I may have missed it, but is there a way to save your updates in the editor without leaving edit mode? If not, it would be great to see a "Save without Closing" button added to the text editor. As a technical writer I make a lot of changes and save them often while editing a single page so this would be a great feature to have. Let me know if there's currently a way to do this. thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

I think this is not possible. However, Confluece does save drafts every once in a while so you should not loose text - in theory.

-Stefan

Hi Stefan...thanks for responding. I understand that the page probably needs to be reloaded to save, but it would be nice to have the option of reloading in editing mode...to your point, maybe this isn't possible, but it would be nice. Also, I ran a test, and it is possible to lose info that isn't saved...probably not a likely real-world scenario, but it would raise my comfort level a lot if I could save easily on the fly.

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Not possible I am afraid, however there are a feature request for this.
* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1632

ok thanks for your response Rian

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

Sure no worries! Sorry that we couldn't help much

ANDERS EJLEV September 29, 2014

Hi What is the status of the feature request ? ( just lost a lot of work by hitting the wrong key ) Thanks in advance Regards Anders

Alex Pinchuk June 5, 2018

It REALLY sucks actually. Please fix. Was working on a infrastructure diagram for 3 hours and lost a whole lot of changes before needing to present on a meeting. Seriously, confluence. WTF? How are there not more people who are pissed off by this. 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2018

For a long time now, Confluence has automatically saved pages every couple of minutes.  Unless you have deliberately turned it off.

I suspect you need to look at the authors of the App you are using for doing the diagram, as that is done outside Confluence and not covered by Confluence's save feature.

Alex Pinchuk June 5, 2018

Got it. Sorry for the confusion : )

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2018

No problem, it's not something that's particularly obvious! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events