I have now reached my end with the below error on Confluence:
Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.
I have tried appending the "useSSL=False" to my connection url on confluence.cfg.xml as per below:
1. <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/confluence?sessionVariables=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useSSL=false&</property> - This caused a timeout exception
2. <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/confluence?sessionVariables=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB?useSSL=false</property> - This just causes confluence to crash.
I have also tried downloading and installing 3 specific certificates based on a post, which for the life of me, I cannot locate right now.
None of the above have sorted out the issue.
Below are the specs on what we are using:
- MySQL Community Server 5.7.17
- Confluence Version 6.07
Someone please help !!!
Was having similar drama but found that the property tag needed to be as follows:
Which seemed to get confluence to not bomb out on startup
@Joao Correia, you can add useSSL=false in your JDBC query string, through the confluence admin UI.
You need to make sure the DB server is configured for remote access for the user credentials you are using to remotely access. Enabling a user account to connect to DB server remotely resolved this issue for me.
easy way to get there is:
1. Open Macros edit pop-up for Confiform Form Field Definition, select any DB related Input field type.
2. If you see a "Create new DB Connection". Click on that and it will lead you to the admin interface
3. add the DB Connection details on the resultant page, after signing in through the admin credentials or re-typing your password.
NOTE: you must have admin privileges over your confluence instance to perform Step3
Edit the page where you have defined your Confiform Form Definition.
Look for the field or create a new Confiform Field Definition.
Select the input type which requires connection to DB. When you click on the edit for this Confiform Field Definition, you will then need to follow the steps I have outlined.
I Hope this helps.
Found these answers if anyone is still interested. I am trying. will try to get back to this thread and update results of the suggestions on the above post
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs