Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Change log with Timestamps

Zach B August 23, 2019

We are new to Confluence (Server edition) but haven't been able to find a solid way to have a running Change log.  

What we'd like is a way to just enter one line or whatever the change was and have it timestamp/date the item automatically and then have it be searchable and ideally sortable as well.  Bonus points if it can include the person/username as well.

Something like:

8/23/2019 14:25 PST - Made such and such change on firewall

8/23/2019 14:18 PST - Made such and such change to group policy

7/18/2019 8:32 PST - Rebooted x server due to performance issues

I haven't found a template that can help with that yet so we considered just a blank page and using comments.  I'm hoping there's a better solution and thought I would ask the community!

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

There is nothing built-in that can give you all the features you are looking for. One app that I am familiar with that can do what you are asking is called ConfiForms. It's a pretty versatile app and can be used for a ton of different purposes.

Zach B August 23, 2019

That looks pretty cool!  Overkill feature wise for our initial solution, but now it has me thinking of many other uses too as it looks quite powerful.  Thank you for the suggestion and we'll look into it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events