Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating table headers/cells

Jennifer Hemmens June 22, 2018

In some cases, tables become so large that it would be easier to rotate the header and/or cell text vertically. I found a similar (unanswered) question - with the only solution being adding a user macro. I've created the macro, however, due to a number of Confluence updates, it seems that it's no longer possible to rotate the actual table header cell, only the text:

Table header test.png

The Adaptavist add-on seems to offer this possibility. However, if I were to use this to simply to change the direction of the text in my table, I'd have to construct my table from macros, within macros, within macros... Which, considering the large number of collaborators within our particular use for Confluence, would not be a viable solution.

I discovered that there has already been a JIRA issue created for this matter (in 2016). Why has this not yet been looked into?

I believe that being able to rotate the text in table headers and/or cells would add great value to the Confluence editor.

2 answers

5 votes
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2018

Hello @Jennifer Hemmens,

Welcome to the community!

Yes exactly as you said there are some features that are important but still not fixed/implemented. there is a good reason for this. 

Feature will be reviewed and considered for implementation (or rejected) by Atlassian product management according to Atlassian Implementation of New Features Policy

you may vote and watch this ticket.Hopefully they will consider on implementing this feature in their future releases. 😊

Greg Roll January 30, 2020

I agree this would be a good feature.. would up vote it if I could...

Like # people like this
0 votes
Emil Marshall December 20, 2021

New to Confluence.  So far I'm not impressed. Simple things like this aren't implemented even after years and requiring users to markup the content with code..... This is one lame platform. 

george kaz January 4, 2022

100% agree. For the money it costs, this platform is lame. The markup is dire and basic functions available via standard css are unavailable. It's just a cash cow for these guys, they ignore all the feature requests for years on end.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events