Roadmap macro for Confluence?

Ken Frick January 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Delete and archive spaces

Hello, how do I add a roadmap/Gantt chart to the Confluence please?

Also, is there a way to manage metrics such as tasks, who is delegated tasks, tasks dates and when tasks are completed and by whom?

2 answers

3 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

Confluence has simple tools:

• There is the Roadmap macro. It's simple, it displays schematic information.
  • There are also tasks in Confluence. Just type in a page:
    • "[ ]" to create a task
    • @someone to assign the task to a person
    • //01-01-2016 to give it a due date.

If you need a complete solution to manage roadmaps, tasks, metrics, Gantts, etc, then you need a specific project management tool.

• JIRA lets you manage tasks, assignations and metrics.
  • JIRA Portfolio does capacity management (it checks whether you have enough resources by a given date to complete a project).
  • There are surely many plugins for project management on the Marketplace (for example, for JIRA).

0 votes
Ken Frick January 31, 2016

Thank you for the informative reply.

I'm having trouble finding the 'Insert' in Confluence, to add the RoadMap macro?

Any suggestion on the breadcrumb/path please?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2016

In a page, click "edit" and look at the editor toolbar, over to the right, there's an "insert" option, which can take you to macros.

I tend to use { as part of the text - that will pop up a dynamic search for macros, so if you type {roa for example, it should find it quite quickly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events