Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision history on page layout changes

Sarah Frawley March 23, 2021

Hi there

Our secure wiki looks like it had some major layout changes recently.  Is it possible to get a full revision history of changes on this page?

https://wiki.ith.intel.com/display/Movidius/Movidius+Secure+Wiki+Home

Thanks,

Sarah

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Sarah Frawley 

welcome to this wonderful community

Please know that we don't have access to your cloud instance here. If you want to see the differences you can compare and get back to an older version you can compare and restore a page by following the steps written in this support article

Go to -> Page versions and history -> Restore a version of a page

Feel free to ask for more help!

Sarah Frawley March 24, 2021

Thanks Gerhard

Appreciate the prompt response.  I was able to review the revision comparisons however it looks like it was the page tree (on the left side of page where is shows the contents) that was modified.  Is there a way of getting revision history on this?  I had a look through the site and it looks like the page tree is a macro but can't seem to find a way to see the settings or the revision history.

Thanks,

Sarah

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Sarah Frawley 

this is a fairly tricky one - when you restore a page like it's described in the support in the article all settings in the macro should be resetted to this version too. I will try this later cause this is a really interesting question. 

Page tree however is a really macro which displays a dynamic, hierarchical list of pages starting from a specified parent (root) page. See full description here!

What I can imagine now and what may happened are three scenarios 

Someone made new pages under the root page so that it looks different?
Someone maybe moved pages under another parent page?
The root page in page macro different?
This can be difficult so first of all I would compare a version from a few weeks ago on page history 

Screen+Shot+2017-08-16+at+15.01.16
and compare it with the version right now:

Compare two versions

Want to see what's changed between versions? Use the comparison view to help you figure it out. 

• Go to the page and choose ellipsis > Page History
  • Choose the versions you want to compare by selecting the check boxes beside them
  • Choose Compare selected versions

You'll see the page comparison view showing the differences between the selected versions. To make the changes more distinguishable, all large sections of unchanged text are hidden and reduced to an ellipsis (. . .).

Screen+Shot+2017-08-16+at+15.09.49

This should give you better view what is different! Next step is page macro. 

Sarah Frawley April 6, 2021

Thanks Gerhard for getting back to me and apologies for the slow response.  I did do some page history comparisons but it doesn't show any radicle differences.  I'll keep digging to see if anything crops up.

Thanks,

Sarah

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2021

Hi @Sarah Frawley 

no problem - hope it works out!

Maybe there were also version changes of the subpages I mentioned above.

Wish you all the best :)

It's Fabienne ;)

Sarah Frawley April 7, 2021

Sorry Fabienne - how could I mess that up!

Really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Sarah

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2021

No problem 😁 let me know how it worked out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events