cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve metadata from page

Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi,

I know very little of coding but I'm trying to retrieve some metadata from a page and store it as a text parameter.

I looked into different posts but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Matteo

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Are you trying to get metadata about a page or data stored on a page? If the former, what exactly?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2020

Hello Bill,

Metadata stored within the page, using Comala Document Management.

Thanks

Matteo

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2020

Hi @Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ 

I understand that you want to retrieve a metadata value and show it as a page parameter macro field.

Have you tried to use the Comala Document Management {get-metadata} macro in the value cell of the page properties table? This can return metadata set by Comala Document Management and also Comala Metadata and Communudaro Metadata.

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager at Comalatech

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2020

Hi James,

It works, but I need to do it within a user custom macro:

<ac:macro ac:name="get-metadata">
<ac:parameter ac:name="key"> signaturerep </ac:parameter>
</ac:macro>

This works but it only executes the {get-metadata} macro. I need to store this value in a parameter and that's what I cannot figure out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events