Retrieve markup of old versions of a page

aabeling August 1, 2012

How can I retrieve the markup of old versions of a page.

I know how to display the formatted content of old versions and I know how to compare versions with each other and I know how to restore an old version.

Now I only want to restore a part of an old version.
Therefore I need the old markup from which I could copy the part I want to have restored and then paste it into my current version.

Another, more complicated, way to achieve this would be to restore the complete old version, copy the part from the markup, restore the current (then old) version again and paste the markup into it.

Is there a better way?

Best regards

Achim

1 answer

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

Hi Achim,

If you would like to convert the current rich text format (4.0 and above) to wiki markup, you could achieve it by using Wikifier that is developed from one of our customer.

Hope it helps. Cheers.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2012

This wikifier is cool :-)

I'm not sure, if I would paste pages with our business informations to this site, but the application is great !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events