Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreive text from several pages without update

Carina Björndahl July 1, 2021

Hi, 

I am trying to figure out if you can accomplish text inserts from other pages (like with the macros include page, include excerpts) without the connection to the source after you have retrieved the text from the source-pages. I don't want my page content to be updated when the source-page is updated.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Carina

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

No, there's no way to do that with anything more functional than "copy page" or simple "copy and paste".

Carina Björndahl July 1, 2021

Thank you for confirming Nic. 

Copy page, and Copy+paste is how we do the assembly of this document today. 

Since the sources are many, I wanted to research the possibility of a more efficient way to do it. 

If the include page would have a parameter for version-consistency it would also solve the problem, but that is not a parameter of this macro unfortunately.

Thanks again. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Going back to specific versions might be possible with apps - Scroll Versions is one that springs to mind immediately, although there may be others, and it might not do exactly what you need (I'm now imagining "include excerpt: <space>:page-name:<version>)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events