Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Retreive text from several pages without update Edited

Hi, 

I am trying to figure out if you can accomplish text inserts from other pages (like with the macros include page, include excerpts) without the connection to the source after you have retrieved the text from the source-pages. I don't want my page content to be updated when the source-page is updated.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Carina

1 answer

0 votes

No, there's no way to do that with anything more functional than "copy page" or simple "copy and paste".

Thank you for confirming Nic. 

Copy page, and Copy+paste is how we do the assembly of this document today. 

Since the sources are many, I wanted to research the possibility of a more efficient way to do it. 

If the include page would have a parameter for version-consistency it would also solve the problem, but that is not a parameter of this macro unfortunately.

Thanks again. 

Going back to specific versions might be possible with apps - Scroll Versions is one that springs to mind immediately, although there may be others, and it might not do exactly what you need (I'm now imagining "include excerpt: <space>:page-name:<version>)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

464 views 18 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you