Retention Rules Introduction - Any lessons learned from the community?

M0214104 May 8, 2024

Hi there

I was just wondering if anybody else implemented the retention rules (data center) lately and has got any lessons learned to share? Did it run smoothly the first time or did something unexpected happen?

Would be happy about any feedback!
Regards
Kathrin

Deutsch: Hat jemand in letzter Zeit Erfahrung gesammelt mit den Aufbewahrungsregeln (retention rules) und irgendwelche Erfahrungen zu teilen? Lief alles reibungslos beim ersten Mal oder gab es unerwartete Vorfälle?

1 answer

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

Hello @M0214104 ~ I have a global Trash Retention Rule enabled to clear space Trash after 1 month.  Works like a charm ~ I've not had any issues (so far at least).  A page versions Retention Rule will be next but that is a larger conversation with our user base.  I would recommend getting a representative group buy-in before enabling retention rules as there may be regulatory considerations.

M0214104 May 13, 2024

great to hear @Laurie Sciutti - thanks for the feedback!

I've come across two bugs https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-90918 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-87298 - you're also not having any issues with the cleanups running long?

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

@M0214104 ~ I have not, though expect the first run to take longer than subsequent ones.  I would recommend scheduling it off-hours when you don't expect many users, if possible.  Perhaps at the start of a weekend?  

M0214104 May 14, 2024

makes sense, thanks for the input @Laurie Sciutti !

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events