Restricting access to some users (confluence)

Hi All

I have confluence 4.3. Recently a few users joined our organisation and we want to restrict their visibility only to one space that they are working on.

The problem is the moment i create their account they become member of group confluence-users and get access to all of our spaces which allows confluence-users to access their space.

And if i remove their subscription from confluence-users group then they can no longer see any space (irrespective of if i give explicit access to that user for a particular space)

How can i restrict their visibility only to one space?

Rahul

2 answers

Rahul,

If you go into the admin pages and look at Permissions you will see that the confluence-users group is added by default.

If you remove that group, then only the groups and individuals who have permission to see the spaces can see them.

This means you'll probably have to remove the confluence-users group from all your spaces to make sure permissions are applied properly. Cheers.

Hi, how about removing them from confluence-users and adding them to a new group (just for them ) with "can use" permission in global permissions, then in the space that you wish them to work with, set the permissions right so that they can use the space.

Hossein,

Is that possible? I thought all users were automatically added to the Confluence Users group and couldn't be removed from it.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

463 views 19 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you