Restricting Calendar Items from edit/delete by others?

Nancy Ormsby February 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Restrict a Calendar

I have a Team Calendar and want to restrict it so that if Joe creates a calendar item, Jane can't make changes to his items. Only Joe or someone with administrative type access would be able to edit or delete Joe's calendar item. Is this possible?? If so, how??

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ezra Rezky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Hi Nancy!

Yes, it is possible to restrict editing of Joe's calendar items to Joe himself or someone else.

Click Here to see the stepsApply restrictions to a calendar
  1. Choose Calendars in the Confluence header or space sidebar
  2. Choose  to the right of a calendar's name, then choose Restrictions
  3. Do any of the following:
    • Choose Restrict viewing then search for and select a user, or choose the Group button and search for and select a Confluence group
    • Choose Restrict editing then search for and select a user, or choose the Group button and search for and select a Confluence group
  4. Choose OK

Here's an example from me:

1. Admin created a new calendar and add a few events, and give editing restriction to himself and a user called "grey"

Screenshot from 2016-02-26 10:43:15.png

Screenshot from 2016-02-26 10:43:30.png

Screenshot from 2016-02-26 10:43:56.png

2. Now when you log in as grey, you will be able to see the edit button when you clicked on the item:
    Screenshot from 2016-02-26 10:51:01.png

3. And when I'm logged in as ezra, I can't see the edit button:
    Screenshot from 2016-02-26 10:44:57.png

However, this setting does not apply to only one user's item, but all items in the Calendar in general.

I hope my answer may help, and I wish you  a good day!

Warm regards,
Ezra A. R. A. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events