Restrict email domains in Whitelist

Madhu Reddy November 7, 2018

I want to allow only limited Email domains to create tickets in service desk.

Can I Add those Domains  [ @gmail.com,@yahoo.com ] to Whitelist , So that other domains cannot create tickets in my Jira.

Only Whitelisted Domains must have the access to create Tickets.

Is it Possible to implement ?

How to add Email Domains in Whitelist to be activated, 

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2018

Hi Madhu,

Currently, it's not possible to restrict by domains who can create accounts/open tickets.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-868
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For now, to restrict who can access the portal to open tickets, you must go to Project Settings > Customer permissions > "Who can access the portal and send requests to Project name?" > "Customers my team adds to the project."

Then admins will have to manually add the customers.

Regards,
Angélica

David E November 6, 2019

I am extremely interested in this as well. Honestly, it seems like a basic option for a Service Desk portal. I'm surprised this doesn't exist already.

Joao Zampa April 8, 2020

Hi Atlassian team,

This is causing a massive headache for us.
We have more than 15 projects created on the service desk where teams use to handle internal and external requests.
We don't want external people looking at our internal forms and to be honest we have have to disable some projects due to security reasons.
PLEASE put this in your roadmap if you want your tool to be efficient otherwise the teams will have to have their portal and manage their inbox, this is NOT good at all,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events